1. Visit the Benaki Museum’s Museum of Islamic Art. Take the 360 Virtual Tour. It appears that only two rooms are available to view with the virtual tour. https://www.benaki.org/index.php?option=com_buildings&view=building&id=15&Itemid=525&lang=en
a) Describe the interior of each of the two rooms as completely as you can.
2. Visit the Benaki Museum’s YANNIS PAPPAS STUDIO. Take the 360 Virtual Tour. This virtual tour is much more extensive with three floors, numerous room, and and outdoor courtyard and grounds. There are many paintings and sculptures to view. https://www.benaki.org/index.php?option=com_buildings&view=building&id=19&Itemid=527&lang=en
a) Describe your general impressions of the studio both inside and outside: what materials were used to construct the building?, what is the space like?, what are the grounds like?
b) Then write about the art in general: what is the subject matter?
c) Pick one paintingandone scupture and describe each in detail.
3. Visit the Uffizi Galleries. This Virtual Tour was produced by Google Arts&Culture and is navigated a bit differently. Scroll down to choose different spaces to enter. https://artsandculture.google.com/partner/uffizi-gallery
a) Go to Google Maps Street View to get a look at the gallery from the outside. Describe the area outside the Galleries. The area with all the people. it’s where you get a sense of what the place looks like, from the outside.
b) Enter one of the interior galleries and have a look around. Describe the interior space. How easy was it to navigate? How easy was it to view the art works. Were you able to view the art to your satisfaction? You can look for a thumbnail of the artwork as you ‘walk’ through the gallery. If you click on the thumbnail it will open up a new page with a good reproduction and info about the art.
You can use the thumbnails inside the gallery or choose from a scrolling display of 156 artworks, or you can go to the Uffizi website to view artworks.
c) So choose two pieces of art, provide the relevant information (artist, title, medium/materials, dimensions) and describe the art work completely. Then describe the gallery where the work is displayed: how big is the room, how many other pieces are in the room, how would your characterize the rest of the art work in the room.
4. Visit the Salvatore Dali Theatre-Museum. There’s a lot to see here! And a lot of ways to navigate. Check out the buttons and thumbnails. (There’s also a “play” button where you can view a video capture of the museum, and a scale model “View Dollhouse”). https://www.salvador-dali.org/en/museums/dali-theatre-museum-in-figueres/visita-virtual/
a)Take a “walk” though the museum. What are your impressions? Describe the museum.
b) Pick two works of art and describe them completely.
5. Finally, summarize your virtual visits by comparing/contrasting each of the four virtual museums. Which was your favorite? Why? Which was your least favorite? Why? Would you recommend these web sites to friends?
Write at least 5 pages, 2500 words.